Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add the "Print Name" under the client's signature on form GA-8453?

Highlighted
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 15

You don't.  The box for "Check also if paid preparer" would have been checked" already.

If you refer to the filing instructions, here's what it says:

If the prepare is also the ERO, do not complete the Preparer Section; instead, check the box labeled "Check also if paid preparer" in the ERO section.

In case you're not e-filing the return, you will then omit the ERO section and just fill out the one for Paid Preparer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Thank you for the information. I'm referring to the client's name being printed under their signature. I don't see an option to populate their name on the firm under where they sign. Also, they don't see the option when they sign the form.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

That's never an option since before the age of e-filing until now.  These federal and state e-authorization forms clearly indicate which line or box is for taxpayer and spouse.  That should be all that (most) folks need as far as instructions are concerned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers