Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help? Absent the estimated tax payment made after April 15th, 2020, taxpayer would have owed more on April 15th. Late payment

linzcsmith
Level 1
This Critical Diagnostic is preventing me from finish this tax return.  The taxpayer filed their own extension, not sure if that is the issue?  What do I need to enter and where for this critical diagnostic to go away?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try going to the EXTENSIONS input area and enter a 1 for automatic extension. That will change the due date and should make things good with the world. 

I am unsure of what you original question about estimate tax paid after 4/15 is referring to. Should it be entered as an amount paid with extension? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
linzcsmith
Level 1

Thank you.  I tried your suggestion, but I'm still getting the error.  I don't know what they are asking either.  That is word for word the Critical Diagnostics error I'm getting.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

If you click on the diagnostic, it should take you to an entry point to "fix" the error. Can you post the error? Did you make entries for the dates paid on the 2019 ES payments? Is one of them after 4/15/2020? 

You may have to contact support. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/taxation/help/how-to-contact-proconnect-tax-online-for-help/...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers