Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone reached the e-file help desk to learn when the backlog of applications will be processed? I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to file clients' returns.

taxladyhelp101
Level 1

I submitted my fingerprints and my application in December, but I assume the shutdown stalled the entire process.  My online application shows that I haven't submitted the fingerprints, when I absolutely did.  Every time I call the help desk it basically informs me that hope for getting through to a human is very slim.  Has anyone actually reached the help desk to learn the status of the e-file application backlog?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Starting the process in December is really pushing your luck in a normal year.  Doing it this year with the shutdown is really going to put you behind the 8 ball.  However, there have been a number of posts from folks in your shoes and none of them are sleeping well at night because of the same problems your are having.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

Starting the process in December is really pushing your luck in a normal year.  Doing it this year with the shutdown is really going to put you behind the 8 ball.  However, there have been a number of posts from folks in your shoes and none of them are sleeping well at night because of the same problems your are having.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
taxladyhelp101
Level 1
Unfortunately, I didn't know until December that I would be going out on my own.  Then with the shutdown....yeah, not a good combination of events.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I hope things get taken care of soon for you.  Good luck!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers