Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Chrome- 400 "Bad Request"

JJKIMCPA925
Level 2

Hello,

Every time I click on an external link within proconnect (i.e. help links that lead to this forum from within Proconnect), I get this message:

"Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit."

I have no issues navigating within the tax returns, but it doesn't seem to like external links. I have been having to copy/paste the URL to firefox, which doesn't have any issues. I have the latest version of chrome installed.

Anybody know how to resolve this?

Thanks!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

What "external link within ProConnect" are you referring to?  If you're referring to links to articles in this Community, there's no solution to that because Intuit didn't care to update those links or properly migrate the articles when they moved to this current platform despite having been informed of that being a problem umpteen million times before and after the migration.

In case you have any specific question, you may like to open a new thread.  Otherwise, post the particular links you have problem with and tag the Community Managers so that they can help escalate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
JJKIMCPA925
Level 2

Thank you for your response!

If I try to copy/paste the URL of this very page into a Google Chrome browser, the page fails to load, and I get the "Bad Request" notice. If paste it into a Mozilla Firefox browser, I have no issues. So I have been doing everything ProConnect Tax related in Mozilla, which I have no issues with. I just thought it was weird and figured other people would have run into this issue since a lot of people use Google Chrome as their main browser...

0 Cheers