Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing of Form 3520

Highlighted
Level 2

Is it possible to e-fax Form 3520? If yes, kindly provide contact details please. 

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Level 2

@George4Tacks  thank you. So we do not have any choice but to paper file the Form 3520 then, no option of it being e-faxed to IRS, specially during this times. We are mailing it from outside the US. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

@LL2  The link I posted has our resident filing from outside the US expert @itonewbie as the authority, so I am 99.999% sure you get to mail it to the US to languish somewhere waiting to be sanitized and opened. Sorry.

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

Thanks for flagging me, @George4Tacks!

@LL2The form will need to be paper-filed with the Ogden processing center.  There are no other filing options available.  Note that F.3520 often comes with other filing/reporting obligations as well as tax consequences your client may not have considered.  If it's being filed only for the receipt of foreign gifts, it would be relatively straight forward even with FBAR and FATCA reporting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar