Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esignatures and how to redeem them

ART61
Level 1

I received 5 free esignatures. when I go to 'purchase' option I can confirm I have them (actually 10).

I'm not set up to efile so would like to print the returns instead.    when I select 'File Return' and then to print return- the message comes up that I must purchase the return.

which is what I thought I just did.    

-  are these esignatures ONLY good for efiling? 

- if not, how the heck do I access these free returns to print.

HELP!

thanks for any and all help - seems like a rather straight forward transaction - but is vexing me this morning

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you purchase an Unlimited Returns license or a Pay Per Return license when you bought ProSeries? 

If its asking you to pay when you try to print, sounds like youre on a Pay Per Return license.  If you think this is wrong, try using TOOLS > License Products and see if that pulls in your proper licensing info.

(This has nothing to do with ESignature)

Sorry, I just noticed that youre on ProConnect tax Online, my instructions were for ProSeries, sorry!

PTO you need to pay a REP fee for each return (I think thats what its called) before you can print or Efile, but I dont know how it works

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
They just want to print the return, not Efile it...they dont need Esignature, right?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe @IntuitBettyJo could comment. Can I use esignature to get a signed 1040, then mail from my office? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Why not get and EFIN? It takes a while, so I would start now. Hopefully you will be required to do so soon. https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/frequently-asked-questions-e-file-requirements-for-specified-ta...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@ART61 wrote:

I received 5 free esignatures. the message comes up that I must purchase the return.

which is what I thought I just did.    

- if not, how the heck do I access these free returns to print.

An e-signature is NOT a free return.  An e-signature means your client can 'sign' their return remotely.  That is just an add-on feature and is completely different than paying to prepare/print/e-file the tax return itself.