Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

entering prior year disallowed losses

Channell6
Level 2

I am trying to learn about the ProConnect software so I am recreating some returns. My question is where do I enter prior year disallowed losses due to basis? When I got to a place that seems like the correct place, it deducts the entire amount. I am wanting to enter the prior year disallowed losses then for the current year enter a small profit which should work out to zero for 2019.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15
  1. Goto the input screen of the activity for which there is a carryover (e.g. Income > Passthrought K-1's > S-Corp Info (1120S K-1), followed by the tab of the respective entity);
  2. Click on the Basis Information tab (on the top of the input screen);
  3. Scroll down to the Basis Carryovers section; and
  4. Enter carryover amount(s) on the relevant line(s).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15
  1. Goto the input screen of the activity for which there is a carryover (e.g. Income > Passthrought K-1's > S-Corp Info (1120S K-1), followed by the tab of the respective entity);
  2. Click on the Basis Information tab (on the top of the input screen);
  3. Scroll down to the Basis Carryovers section; and
  4. Enter carryover amount(s) on the relevant line(s).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Channell6
Level 2

Thanks for the info. Looks like I had to enter a -1 in the adjusted basis field.

0 Cheers