Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Pass-through K-1income in State/Local tab. State is New Jersey. Column heading says Montana. Glitch?

Highlighted
Level 2

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 15

What column are you referring to?  PTO has the column heading hard-coded as "ST. IF DIFF. (-1=NONE)".

On each line, you will need to code the item for the respective state and you should use an "S" if you are preparing a multi-state return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 2

Sorry, but I don't know what you're looking at.  I'm processing a business return. In the input menu column at the left side I choose Schedule K, then Passthrough K-1's. On this input screen there are tabs for "Business Information", then "lines 1-11" then "Lines 12-19", then "Line 20", then "State & Local".
Under the "State & Local" tab there are columns for entering the Distributive Shares of income.  These column headings should read "Everywhere" and "New Jersey" (Because New Jersey is the correct State).
However, Under the "Everywhere" column heading, there are no entry fields for data to be entered.
I'm not worried about that because I only have New Jersey income to enter.
However, where the column heading should say "New Jersey", it says "Montana".
I spoke to the Help Desk who checked a few things and came back to state that there was indeed a glitch in the programming and that they were working on it.  So far, no resolution.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

I see.  So, you're not referring to column heading but Section.  That tab, however, is designed to be used only for certain state adjustments and is not all inclusive.

Despite what Support tells you, it is not a glitch.  Sadly, Support is most of the time not knowledgeable about products they support nor are they good at diagnosing issues.

The only way I can get the MT section to show on that screen is to create an MT return in Profile.  That tab is not coded for any input for NJ - if NJ is the only state you have, that tab will simply disappear.

If there's any adjustment you need to make for NJ, you will need to use the input screens under State & Local on the left panel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers