Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi state partnership tax return - how to input non resident estimated taxes paid on behalf of shareholder

michellejcpa
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

How does a shareholder fit here? Partnerships have partners.

Are you preparing a 1040 where there is nonresident state withholding from a K-1?

Ex-AllStar
michellejcpa
Level 1

Sorry, was in a hurry.  I have partnership  members that are non-residents of MD and the business paid estimated taxes on their behalf.  Where do I input that so the MD return gives credit for the taxes paid?

0 Cheers
michellejcpa
Level 1

To be clear - I am preparing a Form 1065 Partnership Return that is required to file in multiple states, one of which is MD.  There are partners who are non-MD residents and we pay estimated taxes on their behalf.  How to enter that so that MD gives credit for the taxes paid on their behalf?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

The "nonresident withholding" is entered on the partners' 1040s.

It will appear on the MD K-1s.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
michellejcpa
Level 1

The problem is with the MD Form 510 and showing that the tax was paid.  I have found the input screen to be States/Schedule K/MD Sch K which has an input line for non resident taxes paid.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

would have been easier if you led with "where do I enter estimated tax payments for the MD nonresident withholding on Form 510?"

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers