Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does not Recovery rebate credit does not populate on line 30?

Crisgps
Level 2
How do I force the Recovery Rebate Credit to populate line 30 when I already put in the -1 per the instructions? Taxpayers moved and payments was returned to IRS and over the phone they said they would not resend.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Is there something else that is disqualifying it (such as 2020 income being too high)?

Crisgps
Level 2

TaxBuyBill,

Thanks for the reply.  They have very low income.  They received the 1st payment and then moved to another state.  The second payment was returned to the IRS.  TP called the IRS and was told that the payment would not be resent. The tax software says not to ask for payment if it was returned to the IRS.  But I'm sure the software cannot check against the IRS database to know the standing of the TP.

To test...

I put a -1 on TP and Spouse for just the 1st payment alone and nothing calculates.   Then

I put a -1 on both TP and Spouse for the 2nd payment alone, nothing calculates.   Then

I put -1 on all 4 boxes for 1st and 2nd payment and it calculates and adds to their refund all the payments for 2 adults and one child for 2020.  Makes no sense.  Any ideas?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

That does sound weird.  Taxpayers have Social Security Numbers, right?

I'm a ProSeries user, so unfortunately I can't help troubleshoot PTO with you.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Check out this https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/second-eip-faqs#howdoi  for  Payment Issued but Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Not Received

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns