Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my client have to pay an inheritance tax from an aunt that passed away in UK. the total US $120,000. Do I report anything on their 1040 tax return??

Level 1
the only think I was able to find out was that he needs to complete form 3520
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Level 15

3520. Did he receive it in the US in US dollars? Or is it/was it in foreign accounts belonging to him before it came stateside?

Level 1

No, he was the beneficiary of his aunts estate in UK.  The law firm in UK sent the money to his bank account here in the US.  The money was sent in UK dollars 99,999 and converted here in the US 

0 Cheers