Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know why I am required to verify with a texted or emailed code EVERY time I log in to Pro Connect?

I have checked and my browser is not deleting cookies every time I close the window.  It also happens when I leave the screen and get timed out due to phone calls or bathroom breaks.
0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Either quit bathroom breaks or turn off Two-Step Authentication. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/intuit-account/help/security-changes-multi-factor-authentica...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

Whelp I'm not going to tell my dog that he can't go potty outside.  And I already have the Two-Step Authentication turned off.  Do you have another suggestion?

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Turn it back on, turn the computer off, take the dog for a walk, reboot and then turn it off again.

Followed your suggestion exactly.   Unfortunately it didn't work.   Still getting the Pin number verification request when I log in.  Is there another suggestion you might have?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Some folks seem to have problems with that verification BS and others don't.  Rather than fight with the software, consider picking up a mouse jiggler to keep your computer thinking you are on your computer while you are out playing fetch with your pup.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

My grandkids aren't old enough to be vaccinated but they probably could figure it out.  Do you have some anti-virus software installed that overrides everything that needs a password?  Are you using any other program that requires a password, offers two-step verification but allows it to be turned off?  

Were you a really evil person in a former life?

0 Cheers