Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have the New Mexico Federal ID number for 1099 G?

fragilex24
Level 1

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

85-0478248

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
itonewbie
Level 15

85-0478248

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
fragilex24
Level 1
Thank you
0 Cheers
caroljo
Level 5

Thank you so much.  I can't believe how much time we have to spend finding these darned id numbers. 

Eight88
Level 1

How about this years 1099G?

0 Cheers
Minnie32d
Level 1

I don’t understand 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@Minnie32d  What do you not understand? 

Generally a 1099G for state refund does have an EIN, but there is no reason to have to input it.

The only time you enter the EIN for any type of EIN is when it has tax withheld. 

ProSeries requires the EIN for everything and that likely prompted this thread in the beginning. ProSeries is different from ProConnect but preparers in a hurry that deal with IRS all day seem to only look at the first three letters and pick the wrong product. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
qbteachmt
Level 15

1099-G is used for tax Refunds, for Unemployment, for State Family Medical Leave, for Grants, etc. The State's FEIN won't change from year to year. "This year" will be the same as the other years.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
caroljo
Level 5

ProSeries has a pink blank for ever return that had a refund last year.  It is no problem except when I am doing taxes for someone in another state.  I know my state but it is very difficult to get one from another state.  

Silver_City_CPA
Level 1

Thank you SO VERY MUCH!

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Bookmark:

Please provide your state's EIN and address that would be shown on 1099Gs - General Chat - ATX Commu...

0 Cheers
Minnie32d
Level 1

Ok maybe I’m just confused 

I’m trying to file my taxes but irs rejects it EVERYTIME because it’s saying I’ve entered the wrong ippin number 

I’ve never asked for one nor filled out a application to receive one 

I still yet have not received one in the mail either. 
idk what to do I can’t get ahold of anyone either 

the number I put let me to ur post 

them numbers are the numbers that pop up for a 1099 of my year for 2016 income taxes 

idk maybe u can help me I’d appreciate it thanks. 🙂

0 Cheers
caroljo
Level 5

I am sorry Minnie, but I don't understand what you are asking.  I wish I could be of some help as I have received much help on this site.  I don't know what a ippin number is so I am not any help to you.  I hope someone else will see this who knows more than I do.  

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

The IRS only allows the current tax year and 2 earlier, to be E-Filed. That means 2021, 2020 and 2019. You cannot E-File 2016. And you cannot use this program for E-File without being a professional tax preparer that has signed up with the IRS, then registered the info with Intuit, which would include fingerprinting for the IRS, EFIN and PTIN.

@Minnie32d  

Are you Lost on the Internet? Just because you found a Match to a Number, doesn't make this the right place for your issue.