Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone receive notice that the 2009-12 data was no longer going to be accessible?

bzipp
Level 1

I just found out that PTO deleted access to all tax return data from 2009 to 2012.  Those of us who prepared and need access to the data for those returns would have liked to be notified of this change when all of the 2018 product improvements were announced on Nov 19, 2018.   I was informed on a chat that "notices were sent out" (passive voice, no date) and that "data was made available for download in the program" (passive voice, no date, no specifics)

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitKatieB

Thanks for posting your question!

Notification of years 2009-2012 being decomissioned was first sent out by email on 8/29/2018, with follow up emails sent 9/26/2018 and 11/1/2018. The communicated cutoff date was 11/15/2018 for retrieval of returns. The servers were officially shut down 12/17/2018.

This article that was posted in August of last year also includes more information: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1745873-faq-for-decomission-of-prior-year-tax-retu...

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IntuitKatieB

Thanks for posting your question!

Notification of years 2009-2012 being decomissioned was first sent out by email on 8/29/2018, with follow up emails sent 9/26/2018 and 11/1/2018. The communicated cutoff date was 11/15/2018 for retrieval of returns. The servers were officially shut down 12/17/2018.

This article that was posted in August of last year also includes more information: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1745873-faq-for-decomission-of-prior-year-tax-retu...

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
You don't really expect us to read e-mails, do you? :wink::wink:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IntuitKatieB
There was also an in-product alert posted at the top of the program, just in case it went to the spam folder. :smile::smile:
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
This actually caused a bit of a panic last year with people scrambling to download what they didn't save and asking what alternative they have for filing prior year returns.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
bzipp
Level 1
Thankfully, I always download and archive pdf copies.  Checked all email accounts and notices must have gone to spam.  I will be checking the spam filter more regularly going forward.
0 Cheers
bzipp
Level 1
Thanks Katie!
0 Cheers
IntuitKatieB
Happy to help @bzipp !
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Lesson learned the hard way. For future reference, make paper or pdf copies of all your tax returns from 2013 forward. Intuit has another nasty thing - if you don't pay for current year software you can't use prior years, even though you already paid for the prior years.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers