Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciating Luxury Vehicle

eduardo
Level 2

Corporation purchased a 2019 BMW X3 (Cost $44,433.00) . Can I depreciate the vehicle? At the moment, I am calculating $18,100.00 in bonus depreciation and I am not sure how to list the vehicle in Proseries as a Luxury Vehicle.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yes, the corporation can depreciate the vehicle (assuming it is an asset used for business).

You entered that the vehicle was under 6000 pounds, and the program is already applying the Luxury Limit, which is why it is only using $18,100 rather than the full price.

As a side note, be sure that the value of any personal use of the vehicle is added to the wages of the employees that use it for personal use.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yes, the corporation can depreciate the vehicle (assuming it is an asset used for business).

You entered that the vehicle was under 6000 pounds, and the program is already applying the Luxury Limit, which is why it is only using $18,100 rather than the full price.

As a side note, be sure that the value of any personal use of the vehicle is added to the wages of the employees that use it for personal use.