Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical Diagonistics

Mary SASLLC
Level 3

Please can anyone explain what I need to do here, I have my EFIN number , I do not believe I have a PIN number neither does my client, is this something I need to set up or can I just override with any 5 digit number? I get this diagnostic error in ProConnect tax while trying to send EFILE signature request

"Use of the e-file PIN requires the Paid Preparer to have a PIN. The Paid Preparer PIN must be five numbers and not all zeros"

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Your PIN is any 5 numbers you choose. Client's PIN can be any 5 numbers, too.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

Your PIN is any 5 numbers you choose. Client's PIN can be any 5 numbers, too.

Ex-AllStar
Mary SASLLC
Level 3

Thank you for the response. Can it be either ERO or the tax payers pin?  do I have to put in both TP pin and my ERO pin? 

Also: I don't have a third party designee, it keeps saying to generate a pin for the third party designee and i did not fill anything in the 3rd party designee box. only my name shows in the preparer box, can I click ignore for this critical diagnostic for it to clear, sorry its my first time using ProConnect.

Mary SASLLC
Level 3

Thank you for the response. Can it be either ERO or the tax payers pin?  do I have to put in both TP pin and my ERO pin? 

Also: I don't have a third party designee, it keeps saying to generate a pin for the third party designee and i did not fill anything in the 3rd party designee box. only my name shows in the preparer box, can I click ignore for this critical diagnostic for it to clear, sorry its my first time using Pro Connect.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Use a PIN for you, Taxpayer, and Spouse.
If the Preparer is authorized to discuss the return, you don't need anything for third party designee.

Maybe it will go away when you enter your PIN and TP PIN.

Ex-AllStar
Mary SASLLC
Level 3

Same PIN number can be used for all? Would be same for every other return I file as well. Creating for each TP and spouse nee PInlN if they do not have one. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

For you, use the same PIN all the time. Doesn't PTO let you set it up in the Preparer Info? Each client gets their own.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers