Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical Diagnostic - MA State Mandate Healthcare Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

I entered that the taxpayer and his wife had health insurance all year and got this Critical Diagnostic:

"Input indicates that the taxpayer had insurance during the tax year. Please make sure that you enter the private insurance provider’s information or that the taxpayer participated in a Government-subsidized health insurance plan."

When I looked at the input screen, the only choices for private insurance (which they have) are: Insurance is free or the monthly cost of the insurance. I put entries in those to test, but it did not remove the diagnostic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

There is a search box with a magnifying glass, put "health insurance information" That should get you to the input you need for MA Schedule HC

Another way to find things is to Check Return and find the form you want, then find the box or line you want to do entry on CLICK that box or line and it generally will take you to the input.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Emilie A
Level 1

Hi Jeff,

I got the same. I fixed it by clicking on Provider in the top right corner of the Massachusetts Schedule HC screen and filling out a separate Health Insurance Information card for each spouse. I used the same insurance company name and FEIN (one spouse is the subscriber and the second is a dependent on the plan) and entered their subscriber numbers as listed on the Form MA 1099-HC they received.

That cleared the Critical Diagnostic for me. Hope this helps!

Emilie

MrsDen818
Level 2

This was so helpful, thank you for sharing!!!