Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical Diagnostic Error: KY - Ref #39105

taxlawdude
Level 1

How do I resolve this error? Says W2 employer 6 digit account number must be entered... but it is. And it's the correct number, verified with Finance Cabinet. Don't know what else to do to clear this diag error, but I don't like to ignore if there is something I'm missing.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

What 6-digit number are you referring to?  EIN has 8 digits instead of 6.  Perhaps pasting the exact diagnostic here could help us pinpoint what may have gone wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
taxlawdude
Level 1

It's the KEIN. That's what it says. It's asking for the KEIN, which is 6 digits. That's the correct 6 digits, but it's telling me I need to enter the 6 digit account number. Doesn't make sense, it has to be a bug, just looking to see if there's a workaround. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Is that critical diagnostic linked to the W-2 input?  I don't seem to be able to replicate your problem.  In fact, I don't get any diagnostic whether or not the state EIN I enter for KY is 5, 6, or any number of digits.

You still have not copied the exact verbiage from the diagnostic.  If you do, I'll see what else I can find out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
taxlawdude
Level 1

Apologies for the delay. Here's the exact verbiage:

W2 #5: Payer's valid 6 digit Kentucky account number must be included. 

As you can see in the image below, there is already a 6 digit KEIN entered. 

Screenshot 2021-03-17 084426.png

0 Cheers
TAXLADY93
Level 1

Was this error ever identified. I am receiving the issue on the TY22 and the correct KEIN is entered.

0 Cheers