Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not able to set up their LINK account. He received the invite and accepted. Client uses a Yahoo email account. How do I help him through this?

vab01952
Level 1
client LINK portal set up?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

Could you help me understand your statement?  Do you mean your client clicked on the button within your invite (which contains a token), entered the same email address to which the invite was sent (which should be populated automatically by the browser), proceeded to create an Intuit account (presumably because he never had one, for TurboTax or anything else), but not able to complete the process?

Please elaborate a bit on the issue your client is having.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
vab01952
Level 1

Dear itonewbie,

I'll try my best.  I'm a newbie and only spent a couple of minutes with my client.

So... yes... I sent an invite and he accepted then tried to create his Intuit account, and could not complete the process.  He said that a message came up that said something like "account not found".

(Last month I had entered his prior year information into a 2019 Pro Tax return in order to get used to the software and have some info available for 2020.  But at that time I had not entered an email into his client profile.)

I obtained his email, updated his client profile in Pro Tax then sent an invite.

Because this is a new process for both myself and my clients I stayed on the phone with him.  We tried it a couple of times and had the same result.

I'm not sure why he is being hung up with creating an account and any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Veronica

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Hope I'm able to help, Veronica.  Intuit Link is not the most intuit(ive).

Since he got a message along the line of "account not found", that tells me he tried to login to an account that never existed, from the screen that opens after clicking on the button in your invite.

If he's never had an Intuit account (e.g. for TurboTax), he will need to click on the link in tiny prints in blue towards the bottom, which says New to Intuit? Create an account to create a new account.  Just make sure he does so by clicking on the button in your invite and create the account using the same email to which the invite was sent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
vab01952
Level 1

Dear Itonewbie,

Thank you for your response.  I will reach out to him and follow your suggestions.  I will let you know how it went.

I feel a little strange using your screen name to correspond, but I want to say ... THANKS!

0 Cheers
HeatherDemo
Level 1

I am trying to find screen shots, tutorial something what it looks like on the clients side when the go to set up a new account if they have never used Intuit (or any of their products)

0 Cheers