Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you rename client?

nancy5
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nancy5
Level 1
I've found that you need to change the first or last name. For example if you want to add a married couple you would add both to the first name. The changes take place one you click on specific client then edit.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
nancy5
Level 1
I've found that you need to change the first or last name. For example if you want to add a married couple you would add both to the first name. The changes take place one you click on specific client then edit.
itonewbie
Level 15

If you create a return with both taxpayers names as your client's first name, it'd flow through to the return and you'd need to edit the name under Client Information. 

A better way would be to name your return "John & Jane Smith-MFJ" but keep the client name as John Smith (I.e. without changing the client name).  If you ever decide to run some scenario calculations such as MFS, you can then name the new return "John Smith-MFS Scenario" under John Smith and give a custom status of "Do Not File", for example.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar