Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i resend an intuit link invite to a different client email?

l_whee
Level 1
my client isn't getting the invites to intuit link.  not in spam folder.  provided new email address but when I updated the client profile, intuit link does not populate to that new address.
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
itonewbie
Level 15

I think you meant you updated the email address in your client's return but it's not showing up in Intuit Link.  That's because Intuit Link pulls the data from the details saved under Clients instead of what's under Tax Returns and there's no synchronization between the two after the creation of the return.

To edit your client's particularly for Intuit Link, you will need to go to Clients, on the line for your client, click on the dropdown for View client & return, and select Edit client.  Once you save the changes, the new email address will be reflected in Intuit Link and be used for future communication.  When you send the request, Intuit Link may, however, prompt you whether this new email address instead of the existing one should be used.  Just select the new email address and hit Continue.

If this is a client who already had responses and documents saved in Intuit Link previously, changing the email address will cause your client to lose access to those entries (although it won't affect yours).  In case this applies to you, please come back as there is a different process to follow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
l_whee
Level 1

I did edit the client.  That's how I changed the email address.  There's no option to edit the email address in link, you have to go through client to do that.  Intuit link still wants to send to old address. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

When you create the request again to be sent to the new email address, it should prompt you which address you want to use.

On the Intuit Link dashboard, even before creating the new request, it should show the new email address if the update you made under Clients was, indeed, saved correctly.

If you do not see the new email address on the Intuit Link dashboard, you should follow the process outlined above again to check under Edit client that the new email address is already there.  And if the new email address is there but Intuit Link does not prompt you at the creation of the new request which email address to send it to, you will need to contact Intuit Support because something is tripping up the system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
l_whee
Level 1

Thanks for the responses.  I was finally able to get it to work.  I think it might have just needed some time to update.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @l_whee.  Changes made under Clients are always registered instantaneously.  Glad to hear it is resolved now.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers