Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can docs (e.g. W-2) collected outside of Intuit Link be imported into a client return?

taxprepper
Level 2
I collect bookkeeping docs via Dropbox and would like to use it for for tax prep too.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Not for W-2 but you can import data for Sch D and depreciation from Excel or CSV files from within PTO.  Integration with PTO is limited to Intuit Link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

Not for W-2 but you can import data for Sch D and depreciation from Excel or CSV files from within PTO.  Integration with PTO is limited to Intuit Link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
taxprepper
Level 2

Ok, thought so. Thank you.

If I upload a W-2 into the client's files in Firm Documents, and mark the file as a W-2, I'm guessing this still won't import into the client's return?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

No problem, @taxprepper.

One workaround is to upload the doc to Intuit Link using the Act as taxpayer function but it may not be worth the time and effort.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers