Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Sch w-2 line 14, CA SDI amount from box 14 is not reflected

LoveTax
Level 3

CA Sch W-2 line 14, CA SDI amount from box 14 is NOT reflected, it is blank (however, amounts flows correctly to Fed sch A and CA sch CA line 5a). What is the correct input for regular CA SDI (not VPDI)? How to input to reflect correctly on CA sch W-2 Wage and Tax Statement box 14? My current input is via Wages W-2 "Box 14 State disability insurance withheld {}" This Q is for PTO. Thank you

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
abctax55
Level 15

See George's solution in this thread:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-online-discussions/discussion/how-is-ca-sdi-i...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
LoveTax
Level 3

This thread does not solve it. The solution is to add any state to the return, then source box appears to select (Fed and all states), I choose CA, refresh and numbers flow to CA sch W-2 box 14, then I delete the extra state and CA sch W-2 continues to reflect right numbers. I wish that PTO does this simple flow automatically without the workaround hassle...

0 Cheers