Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C-Corp with 1 LLC need to be consolidated 1120?

vsiko3
Level 1

I have a C-Corp with 1 LLC subsidiary, all activity is in the LLC, no activity in the parent corp. Do I have to file a consolidated 1120 or can I treat the LLC as a disregarded entity and report on Schedule K line 5a?  ProConnect Tax Online doesn't allow me to include Form 851 to list out the entity so I'm trying to figure out the correct way to report it so I can figure out if I need new software.  Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Its not a consolidated return. The LLC is ignored for tax purposes. All LLC activity is reported on the 1120 - line by line- as if the LLC did not exist.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Its not a consolidated return. The LLC is ignored for tax purposes. All LLC activity is reported on the 1120 - line by line- as if the LLC did not exist.

Ex-AllStar
userbrent
Level 1

Hi sjrcpa,

Can you help with my question?  Suppose my client has a parent company that is an LLC taxed as a partnership and they have a subsidiary company 100% owned by the parent company. Do I just combine the income and expenses of the subsidiary into the parent company (consolidate)?  If so, do I report the EIN or anything about the subsidiary in the parent company's 1065?

Thanks for any help!

Brent

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes to the first question.

On the 1065 questions, somewhere it asks about ownership of other entities. You'll disclose there. I'm in a S Corp now so can't look.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers