Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bookmarks Do Not Show in PDF's Created by Proconnect tax online

BPark
Level 1

Bookmarks are not showing in the pdf created by Proconnect tax online. Is there an option to create them ?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

No, you can't bookmark a return generated from PTO.  You wouldn't want that for security reasons either.  What you need to do is to download the return and save it to your own secure encrypted storage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
jaygar
Level 3

I'm not sure itonewbie understood the question.  Why would internal bookmarks on a PDF be a security risk?

I would like to know the answer too.  Is there anyway to auto generate bookmarks WITHIN the pdf to make it easy to jump to different pages/forms??

0 Cheers
andricole
Level 1

I think he must have meant a saved bookmark on an internet search bar, rather than internal bookmarks in the PDF.  I am looking for a way to bookmark the PDF's as well.  Have you located any assistance on this?  This is the only feed I can see this issue mentioned.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Purchase Adobe Acrobat or find some other software that will enable you to add bookmarks. (Google can help)

This is a feature included in the more expensive Lacerte. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
andricole
Level 1

I already have Adobe DC and Tic Tie Calculate that enable me to add bookmarks to my electronic workpapers and other PDF documents I work with.  My question was asking if the bookmarks can be added automatically to the return printed to PDF from ProConnect (like Lacerte does for me, as you indicated).  I won't take the time to bookmark the finished tax return from PoConnect myself.  I now understand that this function is not available at this time.  Thank you.