Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to not send Intuit Link engagement letter?

teekayoh
Level 1

Hi,

As I've found out, the Intuit Link engagement letters do not allow for two people to sign, and is therefore not sufficient for clients who are married filing jointly. I will send a boilerplate engagement letter via DocuSign, but I would still like to send the questionnaire and the document upload link via Intuit Link. Is there a way to not send Intuit Link's engagement letter so it does not confuse my clients as to why I'm sending them two ELs?

Thanks in advance.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
QuinnM
Level 1

Did you ever find a workaround for this? I'm currently struggling with the same issue using the "Batch" send in Lacerte and couldn't find a way to send it to both taxpayer and spouse

0 Cheers
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Check with your professional liability insurance company. I'm in California and use CAMICO. I checked with them, and they say that one spouse can sign and bind the other.

Obviously needs some wisdom to collect both if they don't get along or you have any knowledge that the spouse would object or challenge the signer's decision. But now for 95% of my clients, I only collect one signature.  I opt for the spouse I interact with the most.

I use Ignition to automate my engagement letters. Reach out if you want a referral link to get a discount after a free trial.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Would this help?

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-discussions/discussion/re-using-link-templat...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers