Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any input on this error"Schedule CA-NR, Part III, Line 7, col. A does not equal the sum of the Line 5e, col. A and line 6, Col. A, Return must be paper filed.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
George4Tacks
Level 15

That sounds like you made and (Override) entry somewhere, possibly directly into Schedule CA (540NR)
If you could post a screen shot for page 3 Taxes You Paid then it might help pinpoint where the entry is.

It really sounds like an input error.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

Thanks for your help.  are you referring the below screenshot?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Check return and get the pdf for that form in your screen then what I use is the Windows "Snipping Tool" to take a "snip" of the portion of the screen showing where the problem is. You have have done that but it was not attached to your post.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-10-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

0 Cheers

2020-05-12_11h00_25.png

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

The error you mentioned sounded like it was on Schedule CA

Capture.JPG

0 Cheers

Yes.  That is correct. Line 7 is showing as blank (Line 5e has $ 6814 and  Line 6 is blank).  Line 7 supposed to equal to sum of Line 5e + Line 6.

Our client's state wages are more than federal wages.  I am not sure if this has any relevance here.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Contact support.

Ok, Thanks.

0 Cheers

I contacted support and did not get help on this issue. 

0 Cheers