Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Pro-Series start up. Pro-Series Updater

Level 1

When I start Pro-Series, my system ask permission for Pro-Series to make changes to my system. I of course say yes. This happens with all year s of Pro-Series packages. The 2019 package does not come up with the log on page, but rather goes directly to the Pro-Series Updater.

It connects the goes through all files to be updated. It never installs these updates. I have to cancel the Updater to get the actual package to load to the log on page.

The package works fine, it just now takes additional time to get package to a get started position.

How do I stop the Pro-Series Updater from loading each time I state the program and or have the updated programs installed? That may also stop the problem.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Before you start up Proseries, go to the Windows Programs menu, under ProSeries 2019 you'll find a TOOLS - REPAIR UPDATES option, run that and see if it solves your issue.   

This can take 3-5 minutes to complete, its going to dump all prior updates and reinstall them fresh.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪