Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1096/ 1099-NEC Copy A?

sawas25
Level 3

Hello All,

Happy Holidays to you all. I have to make a change to a 2020 1099-NEC,  made 2 1099s one for Tim one for Timothy but were essentially the same person and 1099 amount. Anyhow, the 1096 says DO NOT use the Copy A available via the website if mailing in any corrections. So how would one ascertain these forms if not via the website? Please see the direct links above indicating such. That's also the same for the 1099 Copy A Red Form, it says DO NOT use this copy etc.  

I have ordered the 2021 forms from the IRS both 1099-NEC and 1096 but these are for 2021, how would one order these forms for 2020?

Thanks again for all your help and any insight! 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1096.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1099nec_20.pdf

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

Didn't you keep any of the 2020 forms when you prepared the originals?

Ex-AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

For only doing one form (or a small amount of forms), you may consider using a third-party website. 

I use efilemyforms.com, and I have been happy with it.  It is only about $4 each to prepare, efile and mail a copy to the recipient.  But there are other similar third party websites too.

sawas25
Level 3

They were filed electronically with Intuit so nothing to be kept. 

Thanks but not going to use another third party site, thats what Intuit is for. 

Merry Christmas to you all and Happy New Year. 

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

And God bless Tiny Tim.  And Tiny Timothy.  

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@sawas25 wrote:

They were filed electronically with Intuit so nothing to be kept. 

Thanks but not going to use another third party site, thats what Intuit is for. 

Will Intuit not allow you to e-file the corrected one (after the e-file FIRE system opens back up)? 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Intuit's Quick Employer Forms does not efile Corrected 099s

Ex-AllStar