Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1031 exchange using the simplified method on a bulk sale

Stella503
Level 1

Do you have to fill out an election statement when electing to use the simplified method for each asset (sold in a bulk sale), and exchanged for one building?  Or would you just fill out an election statement on the main asset you applied the bulk sale to?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

There is a fairly good help article https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/federal-taxes/help/how-do-i-enter-a-like-kind-exchange-in-th... Read it and come back if you have more questions. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Stella503
Level 1

Thank you I read that.  I guess I am just asking for clarification if the election information on the statement pertains to the new asset, or the old assets.  For example, two properties were sold, and exchanged for one.  Therefore am I just entering information on the one asset I applied all the cost of sales associated to it?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You enter it as depreciation for the new rental, or you just put it in some note for the new investment property, if it is not being depreciated. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers