Before you start
Evaluation software is for demonstration purposes only.
- You will not be able to create returns that are fileable with taxing agencies.
- When printing from the evaluation copy all pages will include a watermark.
- State returns cannot be printed.
How do I download and install the evaluation copy?
If you would like to experience the ProSeries evaluation software:
- Click here to open the evaluation request form.
- Enter your contact information and click on Send my free download.
- You'll receive an email with a link to download the software.
- Click on the link in your email to begin the installation.
- When the installation starts click Next to begin.
- Choose which version of ProSeries you would like to try. You can only install one at a time so if you would like to try both ProSeries Professional and ProSeries Basic complete the one first and then run the file again to install the other one.
- Review the license agreement, if you agree to the terms choose I accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- We recommend installing ProSeries to the default location shown on the screen, to accept the default location click Next.
- Choose what federal and state products you would like to install and click Next.
- Once the installation is complete click Launch ProSeries Now.
- When the ProSeries Connected Customer window opens click on Evaluate to continue.
- ProSeries will begin to open as well as checking for updates, which will include any states or additional federal forms selected for download.
- Once the updates are complete click Install Now.
- When the program opens you'll have the Eval Registration Screen. Enter your information and click Send.
- You're now ready to begin evaluating ProSeries. We have provided some simple returns to get you started.
If you have any questions about ProSeries or you wish to buy it please call 844-728-6868.
Thank you for choosing ProSeries Tax.
If you have purchased ProSeries or ProSeires Basic you'll receive a Customer Number for your product.
- In ProSeries, at the bottom of the screen, click on Get Started.
- Click on Restart.
- On the Connected Customer window enter your Customer Number and your Zip Code and click License.