Now you can create PDF organizers inside of Intuit Link to get your clients ready for tax time.
If so, you’re probably wondering what’s changed and if you can still do everything you could before. Don’t worry - we’ve got you covered. Here are the answers to your most common questions:
Where’s the PDF checklist I used last year?
Your letterhead will display the firm name you set in Intuit Link settings. Choose Intuit Link in the main navigation, click on Settingsin the top right corner of the screen, then edit the firm name in the Firm branding section.
You can still create a customized checklist based on prior year returns. See the Create a personalized checklist section below for more details.
You can include IRS news in the Engagement Letter portion of your organizer.
Save time with organizer templates you can reuse for all your clients.
- Select Intuit Link on the left side of your screen.
- Click on Settings at the top right corner.
- Scroll down to the Organizer templates section.
Note: If you used the PDF checklist before it was a part of Link, we saved a copy of your old checklist here for reference.
- Click Create a new template to start an organizer template from scratch - or click Duplicate on a Quickstart template to modify it.
- Select Edit to make changes to any portion of the organizer as needed.
- On your Tax Returns list, click the down arrow next to View Return.
- Select Collect data - PDF to open the organizer panel for this client.
- Choose the Organizer template you want to send.
- Use the checkboxes to select which items to include in the organizer.
- Click Edit on the Document checklist to customize it based on an existing return.
- To save the organizer as a PDF, click the export button.
Once you save the PDF, click Continue to send the organizer through Link, or Cancel. If you don’t send the organizer to your client through Link, it won’t be saved in ProConnect Tax Online - just the PDF you download or print.
Automatically create document checklists based on documents used in prior year returns.
- Select Edit in the Document checklist portion of the organizer.
- Choose a tax return from the dropdown menu to populate the checklist with documents based on that return.