Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference from the different software options?

Garybaker
Level 2

I have been using Lacerte software since before it was Lacerte? What is the difference between ProConnect, ProSeries, and the one I've been using for over 30 years, Lacerte?

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
abctax55
Level 15

1) Money/Price

2)  Cloud (PTO)

3) Forms based (PS) 

4) Input sheet data entry  (Lacerte)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

Sanity. Speed. Frustration level. 

Try it free with your current user name and password. Create a return. Check the return. DO NOT e-file or print the return and there is no cost. Just go in an try to recreate your own return <sarcastic font> just for fun </sarcastic font>

Try it1. <sarcastic font> You'll like it! </sarcastic font>

Seriously - give it a spin and see how the navigation is very different, but the structure is essentially the same as Lacerte without things like editing the client letter, modifying the print order, ...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/tax-online/ and click Get Started which should land you at https://proconnect.intuit.com/tax-online/try-proconnect-tax/ where you can sign in and start using the program. 

P.S. I think I have been with Lacerte about as long as you. I started with a CP/M computer - KayPro 10 which I still have. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
sjrcpa
Level 15

I expected George to post this. 

Comparing Lacerte and ProSeries and ProConnect Tax (intuit.com)

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15
Where is the fun in doing that?
I was going to ask what Lacerte before it was Lacerte?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
sjrcpa
Level 15

I don't remember, and I think I've been using it as long as you and Anna.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I don't remember either...

We should compare customer numbers.

Mine is 5 digits & starts with a 3 😁 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Garybaker
Level 2

Mine is four digits and begins with a 5 🙂  I've been in business in this city since 1977 and I don't recall but I think I might have begun using software in the mid 80's. Somehow I think my first computer may have been an apple and I think I had to purchase an IBM.

I was a heavy smoker in those days, I would complete a tax and while it was computing I could smoke half a cigarette. hahaha 

The software I began with was purchased by Lacerte, and more recently by Intuit. 

0 Cheers
Garybaker
Level 2

I took your advice and input a client with Pro connect, I could get used to the differences in time but probably wouldn't be a savings for me. I am in a difficult place with a client base in the range of 250 to 300 clients. The best way for me to improve my profit is to increase my tax base and continue with the Lacerte software. Thank you for your input, greatly appreciated.