Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote employee and security

kjwtax
Level 2

I am a small firm looking to hire a remote employee but concerned about security.  How can I limit their Lacerte and DMS access to only the clients they are working on?   In other words, they should not have access to my entire database. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

A. Put them on a separate drive and don't allow access to the drive with the other clients.

B. Password protect everything.

C. Ask your IT professional.

Ex-AllStar
BhavKaur
Level 2

I have been using this Lacerte software on cloud with Ace Cloud Hosting, which is quite beneficial. The tension regarding the security of data files is not there. If you want to limit your DMS extensions to your employees only, use two way encryptions which will be handy in saving your data access from other users. Keep a password for them for your Lacerte software; you can control access permissions when in cloud and give different levels of access to clients, your employees, or those with whom you want to share, and it also provides disaster recoveries.