Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your tax return is still being processed"

DoriTax
Level 1

Hello All, I am new to the community so please bare with me. We submitted a 2020 tax return on Mar. 05, 2021 and the client still has not received refund. This was the first year the clients filed married. I understand the deadline has been extended and all the reasons this return could be delayed. Has anyone else encountered this time frame when e-filing a return using ProConnect Online? Could I call IRS (yes holding for hours) to check on clients status if I am not an ERO but only have my PTIN?

Thanks for understanding and your time.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Once upon a time, if someone got their IRS within 4 weeks, it was considered a miracle.  You would have had TV stations interviewing priests discussing the latest gift from God.  Now, if it takes 4 weeks, people are fearing the apocalypse is coming.  Everybody just needs to have a little patience. 

Slava Ukraini!
DoriTax
Level 1

Thanks for the laugh. It's my first time doing tax prep business so I'm a littler nervous and want to get everyone answers. LOL Guess it's just not possible. 🙂 

I also remember those times and everyone completed it on paper and mailed it in. That's how I first started out. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I've been doing this gig for so long that we used stone and a chisel when I first started.

It's been a screwy couple of years dealing with the IRS so some folks are noticing delays.  My clients don't typically let me know when their refund arrives, so I honestly don't know the typical turn around time this year.  But I do know a number of folks have posted here dealing with their anxiety of waiting for delayed client refunds.

Slava Ukraini!
ritastone001
Level 5

April 5th would have been the 21 working day period the IRS gives.  Check where is my refund on irs.gov.  This time frame is not out of line since there was a change to the return. Be patient and wait. Calling the irs now all you will probably get is the info given on Where is my refund. If there is a problem the IRS will send them a letter.

ritastone001
Level 5

It is also possible their refund may arrive and "Where my refund" still says processing.

jakeisawesome
Level 2

Welcome to the Club !!