Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why CA schedule C income is included in PA return?

Azadi
Level 3

I have a client filing a PA & CA part-year state tax return. He got a schedule C income from CA, which has been included in his PA total taxable income. How can exclude his CA Schedule C income from total PA income in Pro series, please? 

I did allocate the two states income in Part-year State Allocation Worksheet, but still when I open PA return, the CA schedule C income is included there. Thank you, 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I believe you have to complete federal and allocation worksheet before you open state, you could probably remove the nonresident state and then start it over, or just allocate the income on the nonresident form 

0 Cheers
Azadi
Level 3

It is not non-residents. It is partial residency in PA and CA. The client got a W2 from PA, and an Schedule C from CA. But the problem is that Schedule C income of CA is included in his PA income when I open his PA return. I could not find any solution to it, except that I click on the box (Remove This Schedule from the Return) on PA schedule C. Is it right to do so? or is there any other way I could resolve this issue?

Thank you, 

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

If the program is not allocating it the way it should be done, and the federal worksheet is filled out correctly. I believe, at least every state I've done. You just go into each state part year form and allocate income any way you need to

0 Cheers