Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Security

Lucy Brown
Level 1

In Windows 10 ProSeries Professional properties (right click on ProSeries Windows Desktop icon) a new user group appeared called INTERACTIVE on  our 2018 and 2019 software.  What is this? Do we have a security issue?  Does anyone know why this doesn't appear on previous years?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I dont see that on mine...I havent updated in awhile though, maybe its something new?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I just updated and this is what I see when I right click on the desktop icon for 2019 ProSeries Professional Stand Alone (are you on a Network maybe?)

rtclickicon.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Out of my depth but a brief Google references something Windows itself creates which seems to be what you're questioning. Maybe this is related to the additional security enhancements with new and improved Chromium support for Intuit Account log-in? I found the same INTERACTIVE Group in my Lacerte desktop shortcut. Right Click > Properties > Security

Here's the link mentioning Interactive → What is windows “interactive user”?

Only @IntuitAustin can say for sure, and I think he's on vacation. I would be if I were in his Crocs.

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪