Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit to Acquire Credit Karma. Good for professional tax prep? Anyone? Bueller?

User FIDO 61
Level 8

Intuit to Acquire Credit Karma (for approximately $7.1 billion in cash and stock)

Combined Companies to Create Consumer Finance Platform That Works Like a Personalized Financial Assistant

Companies Aim to Transform FinTech, Power the Economy and Help Consumers Make Financial Progress

Detail: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200224005884/en/

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Just another area for them to get active in and forget about professional tax preparers.  Although I'm thinking next year the new enhancement offered is going to be something like for an extra fee of $XXX with your software purchase you will get some "free" Credit Karma products for your clients.  

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

Hey @User FIDO 61  I like your little tagline down there.  I am thinking of starting up a group of tax misfits and you appear to be the kind of recruit a good group of misfits needs.  I'm thinking we could get together one night a week and maybe sew quilts out of all of those badges Intuit is cranking out.  On second thought, that doesn't sound like a lot of fun for bunch of misfits.  Maybe we could all just call in sick every now and then and take a Ferris Bueller day off -------------------- but I get to drive 🏎

Slava Ukraini!
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Go Team ⓜⓘⓢⓕⓘⓣⓢ😈

Tommy: [Trying to copy his father's quote] Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's a** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

Intuit QuickBooks User: [confused] What? I'm failing to make the connection here.

Tommy: No, I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's a**... No, wait. It's gotta be your bull.

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like you are looking to be group president 👍

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Bad for users of Intuit' professional tax products.

Intuit is a Marketing company.  They tried their own version of Credit Karma a couple of years ago, and it mostly flopped, so now they are buying out the company.

So the more they focus on their data-mining and marketing, the less they care about professional tax products.