Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Thanksgiving!

itonewbie
Level 15

To all my friends in this Community, fellow users, and the Intuit Support Team, I am thankful for all the knowledge you have been so kind to share with me, your friendship and the kindness you have shown, support you have given over the year in different ways, and the much needed humor when things get stressful.

I wish you and your loved ones a blessed, happy, and healthy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Still an AllStar" <== amen to that  🙂

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

"I wish you and your loved ones a blessed, happy, and healthy Thanksgiving!"

But stay away from them ------- at least 6 feet, but better yet, at least 6 miles.  And remember to wear your mask while eating your turkey ---------------- even if it gets a little messy.  And lastly, skip the butter and instead, baste your turkey in hand sanitizer.  I think that about covers it for now.

And in all seriousness, I am thankful for most of the folks I have met here over the years.  Some, not so much, but I won't get into that now.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good night.  I know that's supposed to be a Christmas thingy, but with the crazy year we are having with COVID, I'm going to go with it for now.

Thanks Obi-Wan!

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

And remember to wear your mask while eating your turkey ---------------- even if it gets a little messy.

Lol, it doesn't have to be messy... at least not with this contraption: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E44_pvYQuwc

I think I agree with you about skipping the butter and basting the turkey with hand sanitizer instead.  Hopefully, that will take care of both the salmonella and COVID-19 - killing two birds with one stone, ok, maybe one in this case.  Also, that should be a tad safer than deep-frying the turkey so long as you don't roast your turkey over an open flame. 😉

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think I saw where Intuit was selling those Thanksgiving masks.  But of course, if you read the fine print the string and the hat is not included in the price.  You have to pay extra and they won't be available until sometime in January.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Gee, why am I not surprised?

I was hoping to save the points to exchange for something else in the ACME catalog this Christmas.  Now, I'd have to use the rest of my points just to get the hat and strings to go with the mask.  Hopefully, the whole package will arrive on time for Thanksgiving dinner but I heard early releases are not fully functional and I may have to wait until at least early January, which would be a bummer!

Still an AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

Jensen, I am thankful for you and (most) everyone else here, too.

Have a safe, socially distanced Thanksgiving all.

Ex-AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Thanks, Susan!  Likewise. 😊

Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Merry Thanksgiving & Happy Christmas/ Hanukah /Festivus ?   Just to switch things up a bit 🤔

I'm actually thankful for everyone on this forum - just some a lot more than others.   I've learned something from most all; if only how not to act in an on-line forum from some.

Hope all can enjoy T-Day, even if it's not in-person with the normal gang of family & friends.  Personally, I am very thankful I am healthy and have plenty of work to do.  Many are not in such good shape.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

Happy Holidays to all of you. This has really added a big smile and much joy to my day. Elbow bumps to all of you where you are 6 ft, 60 miles, 600 miles or even 6,000 miles away. You make me feel safe in this little slice of the world.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
abctax55
Level 15

@George4Tacks 

I've been wanting to try that fancy *dance around & bump feet together*, instead of the elbow or fist bump.  But since I haven't been going to the gym to workout, I'm afraid I'll trip myself up, fall and break something 👊

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"