Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-NEC

EnsemblePi
Level 1

how do I file 1099-NEC, and how do I get my old files from last years??

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

What software product(s) are you using? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
EnsemblePi
Level 1

I do not know. sorry

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I do not know. sorry"

We cannot help until you can answer this. You might be Lost on the internet.

You posted on a peer community forum titled Practice Advice; that means you would be a professional tax preparer with a business "practice" for client tax returns. The 1099-NEC you prepare would be for your business' and your clients' reporting needs.

Were you using TurboTax last Year? Are you asking about personal 1099-NEC issued to you by people that paid you in 2020? Which "old files" from "last years" are you asking about: your own income tax returns?

At least give us some perspective, if you would like some direction.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
George4Tacks
Level 15

Where is @IRonMaN when we need him. He knows how to diddle the dongle on every I don't know in the world.

IRonMaN
Level 15

But I sold my dongle yesterday.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

I am glad you recognize it as a sale. I don't believe dongles qualify for 1031 treatment. 

PickleHill
Level 2

I asked something similar a few mins ago, and see this thread do I'll ask here too.

Client gets a sch-c for small construction comp. He needs to issue a 1099 ($850) to a worker. 

I used pro series basic, how do I issue a 1099, and should it be a -misc or -nec?

Thank you!

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@PickleHill 

There is no need to ask the same thing in multiple places. Your own topic is already getting answers, so go there:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/practice-advice/discussion/how-do-i-issue-a-1099-misc-thru-p...

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers