Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickbooks desktop 2020

kathyfletcher
Level 1

I have a client that has somehow had a change to a 2004 transaction. In the check register the amount shows 9,223,372,036,854,775,808.08 for the check but when I open the check it shows the correct amount which is $34.49. Not sure how this happened but I can not change the amount, delete or void the transaction. When I run a verify/rebuild or try to correct the transaction the program aborts. How on earth can I fix this for my client?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
qbteachmt
Level 15

You seem to have a corrupt transaction. Before sending that to Intuit File Services, you can run the Audit Trail report to see when they changed it; then, restore from the most recent backup prior to that change. Rebuild it after the restore. Also, making a Backup without a full verify is possible, or make a portable copy, then restore and rebuild.

In the meantime, though, you will want to go to the QuickBooks Community to ask about this. The link is:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/us-quickbooks-community/misc/03/community-us

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.