Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining a CAF Number

prkwork
Level 4

In IRS e-Services, I need to request a transcript, but a CAF No. is required. file forms (e.g., Form 8821 and 4501-T) I suspect I don't have one yet under my tax business, so how can I file?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

I don't think quickly is an option here.

The taxpayer can create an online account at irs.gov and get their transcript. (Assuming the client is capable of doing this).

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
dkh
Level 15

Google says.....

To get a CAF Number, you can submit Form 2848 or 8821 to the IRS and put “none” in the space asking for a CAF number. Within a few weeks, you will receive an assigned CAF Number from the IRS. Once you have your CAF Number, you should use it on all future forms.Mar 15, 2022

also IRS says......

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/what-is-a-caf-number

hope this helped

prkwork
Level 4

The online (in eServices) Forms 8821 and 2848 do not permit "None" in the CAF field. I'm trying to get this done quickly.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I don't think quickly is an option here.

The taxpayer can create an online account at irs.gov and get their transcript. (Assuming the client is capable of doing this).

Ex-AllStar