Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Reconciliation after importing accountants copy

jb61
Level 1

how do i fix this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
qbteachmt
Level 15

Yes, for QuickBooks, this is exactly what you are told will happen, in the list of things that happen when there were changes made to your Banking.

Please note:

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting Lacerte, ProSeries, or ProConnect Tax Online products. You posted here in the Community Suggestions section.

Please click on this link to visit the QuickBooks Help site for the answer to your question. Then, bookmark it.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
jb61
Level 1

no, that is incorrect-the bank recs were done by the client after the closing date--when i imported my canges for 2019, no reconciliations for 2020 existed

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Yes; work done after the closing date can be affected by the import of changes. The dates OF the transactions also matters.

And as I already pointed out, you are Lost on the Internet. This is not the QuickBooks community.

You will get better answers and find your specific Help articles for QuickBooks by going to the QB Community, which is at the link I provided previously, and here:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/accountant-s-copy-passwords/use-the-accountant-s-c...

You are asking about this right now on a Tax Preparer's Community.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Oh, sorry; I can answer "how do I fix this?"

If it reconciled before and nothing was affected, it will reconcile all at once just fine. Using the last known ending balance and the date I like to use is one day after the date on the statement whose balance you are using, rereconcile.

0 Cheers