Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late invoices

anne1
Level 1

My accounts payable department is constantly receiving our Intuit/Lacerte invoices late.  The reps I speak with are being told the invoices go out on time and they are blaming the post office.  It is interesting how all my other vendors manage to get their invoices to me timely.  On top of all that, they charge late fees that they won't reverse because "we gave you a credit once before".  Then they lock my account over a "delinquent balance" of $1.63 in late fees (total for two months).  What is wrong with the billing department?  Anyone else with this issue?  I am also posting to a couple society list serves and will be anxious to hear what they say outside of this forum, which is probably monitored and filtered.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

Why not get them sent to you electronically?

That's how I get my Lacerte invoices.

Ex-AllStar
anne1
Level 1

Hi sjrcpa,

Do you receive your invoice in an email, or just a notification that it is available?  I have an A/P department that pays the bills.  They are not Lacerte users, and therefore do not have access to retrieving the bills online.  I personally get an alert that the invoice is available, although the invoice is not actually emailed to me.  It is not a good use of my time to personally hunt down the invoice online; thus we rely on the paper invoice.  My A/P dept pays from paper invoices, after matching up to internal REP records and submitting to me for review and approval.  So the paper invoice is important.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I get an email telling me the invoice is available, and a link to view it.

So I guess this does not solve your issue.

Ex-AllStar
anne1
Level 1

Thanks, sjrcpa.  As you stated, it does not solve the problem.  I have talked to Intuit reps and it seems there actually may not be a good solution to this issue.  Emailing an actual invoice to my A/P department is not even an option.

0 Cheers