Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I receive Wages from a foreign country and paid taxes on it all I have to to is fill the 1116 form?

Alva124
Level 2

Hi,

I received a total wages from the UK and Paid the taxes on it. When entering the information on the Screen 35, Foreign Tax Credit (1116) Lacerte I noticed that the refund went up significantly but the AGI did not. 

I entered the total wages under "Other Foreign Source Income" and the total tax paid in the "Foreign Taxes Paid" Section. 

Am I doing this right? The fact that the AGI is not increasing makes me think I am doing this wrong and Lacerte is only picking up the Tax Credit?  Do I have to add the the total wages on screen 10-Wages? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes you have to report the wages as taxable wages.

Foreign tax credit only applies to mitigate the US tax on income that is also taxed by another country.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes you have to report the wages as taxable wages.

Foreign tax credit only applies to mitigate the US tax on income that is also taxed by another country.

Ex-AllStar