Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E=files

Susana370
Level 3

is there any talk about Proseries becoming an e-Filer like Turbotax

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobKamman
Level 15

You can prepare as many returns as you want, and IRS does not require e-filing.  If you file more than 10 returns in a year, then it is required.  Filing a return means mailing it to IRS.  You can prepare a return and let your client file (mail) it.  Now that we have that out of the way, you can also prepare a return and then turn it over to a transmitter.   I think the question here is whether Intuit wants to transmit returns.  A Transmitter sends the electronic return data directly to the IRS. Electronic Return Originators (EROs) may apply to be Transmitters and transmit return data themselves, or they may contract with an accepted third-party Transmitter to transmit the data.

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

What exactly does that post mean?

Slava Ukraini!
Susana370
Level 3

Dear Iron Man :

Currently,  I do not e-file the returns because I did not apply to participate in the IRS E-file program for various reasons.

So, I was asking if ProSeries executives would entertain becoming an E-File provider for small business. 

I called ProSeries professional support, and they advised me that they do not act as an E-File provider.

Thank your Iron Man

Susana 

IRonMaN
Level 15

ProSeries is a software for professional tax preparers.  In order for professional tax preparers to e-file returns, they need an EFIN provided by the IRS.  So without an EFIN, you are not able to e-file. Also, if you prepare 10 or more returns, you are required by the IRS to e-file returns.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"because I did not apply to participate in the IRS E-file program for various reasons."

Wow. Perhaps it's time for a change in career.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
BobKamman
Level 15

You can prepare as many returns as you want, and IRS does not require e-filing.  If you file more than 10 returns in a year, then it is required.  Filing a return means mailing it to IRS.  You can prepare a return and let your client file (mail) it.  Now that we have that out of the way, you can also prepare a return and then turn it over to a transmitter.   I think the question here is whether Intuit wants to transmit returns.  A Transmitter sends the electronic return data directly to the IRS. Electronic Return Originators (EROs) may apply to be Transmitters and transmit return data themselves, or they may contract with an accepted third-party Transmitter to transmit the data.

Susana370
Level 3

😅😅Ha ha,

thanks

0 Cheers
Susana370
Level 3

Thank you for a very valid response. very helpful

Susana

0 Cheers
Susana370
Level 3