Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change in corporate ownership

nytcpa2012
Level 4

Have a client who just sold their S corporation (stock sale); Bank needs "IRS confirmation letter" to change signature cards [new owner is keeping same Fed ID#] as well as a "Certificate in Good Standing".  Where/how do we get these documents? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

Certificate of good standing comes from the state where they incorporated.

IRS confirmation letter for what?  Sale of S Corp stock isn't separately reportable to IRS. 

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
nytcpa2012
Level 4

I don't know what the IRS Confirmation Letter refers to. this is from a list of things needed that the bank sent to my client.  It says "required for all new entities and new owners"  I have the S election letter but it is over 20 years old, so I don't think that's what they are talking about.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Your client likely presented this incorrectly to the Bank; it's not a New Entity. They would likely accept a copy of the minutes and agreed on resolution for new officers.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
nytcpa2012
Level 4

I hope the  bank was wrong.  We will be providing the 20+year S corp approval letter from the IRS as well as minutes from both old and new owners' meetings to accept the offer and to codify the purchase.