Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bookkeeping or Accounting Software

Highlighted
Level 2

What’s the Difference Between Bookkeeping and Accounting? Which accounting software would you recommend for an SME? 🙄

Today Is Name, Tomorrow Is Legend!
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 12

There are many variables you need to examine. Do they need to run payroll; do they carry inventory; do they sell services; do they need customer tracking of some sort in the accounting (customer charge accounts); will they use patient or other business-specific software and does it need to integrate; do they work in the field; do they need multiple people working in that same data; how big is Small/Medium Enterprise; do they have multiple offices; what is the entity type; where do they operate; do they have sales tax or similar specific considerations; do they import/export; do they manufacture; do they have environmental issues such as landfill remediation or project bonding.

Bookkeeping/Accounting means Financial Data Management. What that means to any business needs to be understood.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Whats an SME?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

SME Stands for Small and medium-sized enterprises.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 12

There are many variables you need to examine. Do they need to run payroll; do they carry inventory; do they sell services; do they need customer tracking of some sort in the accounting (customer charge accounts); will they use patient or other business-specific software and does it need to integrate; do they work in the field; do they need multiple people working in that same data; how big is Small/Medium Enterprise; do they have multiple offices; what is the entity type; where do they operate; do they have sales tax or similar specific considerations; do they import/export; do they manufacture; do they have environmental issues such as landfill remediation or project bonding.

Bookkeeping/Accounting means Financial Data Management. What that means to any business needs to be understood.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 15

ONE of her posts, that I just posted to moments ago, is now gone.

I'm suspicious of the OP....  but it is Tuesday 😉 

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 15

I suggested Sage --------------- I'm suspicious of Intuit.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 2

Still I didn't get any proper solution for this, that's why I didn't select or choose any answer as "Accept as solution". I hope that in future I get what I'm looking for, still keep 😀, Always!!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

There is no "solution" to your question, way too many variables to consider...did you read the comments above?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 12

"Still I didn't get any proper solution for this"

This is like asking the whole world which shoes you should buy. We don't even know what you would be wearing them to do, so no one can answer.

We answered your question about Bookkeeping v Accounting; it's all Financial Data Management.

No one can Shop for you, for which products to buy. And this is an Income Tax community, for users of Intuit programs. That's a pretty narrow audience.

Highlighted
Level 15

It's hard to find a store that will sell shoes for free and it's just as hard to find a software company that sells accounting software for free.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 8

I think the cute trio in the avatar is suppose to make us think - "Oh no this poor  woman needs help"

really...... no software can help someone that supposedly has a business but needs to ask what's the difference between bookkeeping and accounting.       

Robot!?!