When working with an Intuit ProConnect Lacerte support agent, you may be asked to send in a copy of your client file in order to troubleshoot a situation. This should only be done while speaking with a support agent.
Note: If you would like to send an email to Lacerte as a support channel, please see: Sending an Email to Lacerte Support
Sending a Client File From Lacerte:
- Using your function keys on your keyboard, click 'F10'.
- Note: This window can also be accessed via the Help dropdown menu, select Troubleshoot F10.
- Click the person icon located above the tabs.
This will open the Send to Agent window.
- In the Send to Agent window, enter the following information:
- 6 digit PIN provided by Intuit Agent - This will be provided by the agent you are speaking/chatting with.
- Email - enter your email.
- Attach client file - check this box.
- Click Continue.
- In the File Attachment window verify and complete the following:
- Tax Year - verify
- Tax Program - verify
- Data Path - Browse if necessary (default will match the Tax Program currently viewed)
- Highlight the client from the list provided
- Click OK to attach.
- In the Select Attachment Security window, select one of the following based on the agent's instructions;
- Remove Privacy Information from Attached Client(s) - This is used most often. Your client's private information will be replaced with generic numbers and descriptions while all calculations will remain intact.
- Encrypt Attached File(s) and leave Privacy Information Intact - This is required when troubleshooting e-file rejections.
- Once complete you will receive a confirmation window. Share your Confirmation # with the agent assisting you.
- Select OK to close the window.
You can return to your client file and continue working in your program at this point.