The status message "No Valid EF Center Record Exists for this SSN/EIN" is displayed when receiving E-File acknowledgements for business returns in Intuit ProConnect ProSeries Professional Edition. Unable to retrieve acknowledgments for Corporate, S-Corp, Partnership, or Fiduciary returns.
- The SSN of the taxpayer has been changed in the software, after submitting the return electronically but before receiving the acknowledgment for the return. Or,
- The taxpayer that matches the electronic filing status or acknowledgment is no longer found in the EF Center or EF Clients tab.
If the SSN of the taxpayer has not be changed, the following situations can result in this error message.
- Open the Federal return.
- Press F9 and then F10 to recalculate and save the Federal return.
- Open each State return attached.
- Press F9 and then F10 to recalculate and save the state return.
- Return to the EF Center and attempt to update the acknowledgement again.
The return could still be marked to e-file the extension:
- Go to the Federal Information Worksheet for the return and un-mark the "efile extension" box.
- Save the return then try updating the efile acknowledgements again.
Changed ProSeries Customer Account Number or EFIN in the program:
- Open ProSeries
- Click on the Tools menu
- Select Options
- Click the Customer Information button to enter the original CAN in the General section of the program options
- Go to the Firm/Preparer Information section of the program options
- Enter the original EFIN for the firm.
- Click the OK button to close the program options
- Open the client file and press the F9 key to recalculate the return, repeat this on each attached state tax return as well.
- Press the F10 key on the Federal Information Worksheet to save the return.
- Attempt to pull the EF Acknowledgement again using the normal process.
E-Filing from more than one computer:
ProSeries is trying to retrieve an acknowledgement for a return that is not on this computer or the HomeBase no longer contains a record for that Employer Identification Number (EIN). If so, try any combination of the following:
- Purchase and install the network version of ProSeries software. All workstations will have access to all returns
- E-file all returns from one computer.
- Continue to E-File from more than one computer and ignore the error message.
- On a network, re-syncing the database or running HomeBase Tune-Up can resolve the issue. Both of these can be performed from the HomeBase menu.
If the issue persists, attempt the steps in How to Receive E-File Acknowledgements in ProSeries